This veggie smoothie is my new favorite way to start a day, so refreshing, hydrating, and an amazing way to get the proper dose of greens into the system. I used to be a bit afraid of putting too many veggies in smoothies and juices and started this one with some mango and orange juice added but once I tried skipping all the fruit actually realized this version is waaay fresher. You can easily make it as a juice as well, although blender does preserve the fibre of the veggies so it is a bit more nutritious, but packed with vitamins even as a juice for sure.
- 1 smaller or 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeds removed
- 2 medium celery stalks
- 3 large kale leaves
- handful of ice
- juice of 2 limes
- 1,5 dcl coconut water
- Peel the cucumber, remove its seeds and chop it into chunks.
- wash the celery stalks, remove the white thick bottom part and the leaves and chop into chunks as well.
- Tear the leafy kale parts of the stems and put all the veggies into a blender. Squeeze the limes, add coconut water and ice.
- Blend for a minute or two, depending on the settings of your blender.