Sweet potatoes are naturally packed with more nutrients and fiber than regular ones, which makes them healthier by default. But they don’t even fall much behind in the taste department the regular French fries if you prepare them correctly. With this recipe they’ll be crunchy, tasty and not to mention without any unhealthy oils. Served with a refreshing light sauce, they make a perfect snack or a light lunch. The dip here is just my latest favorite, but anything from fresh tomato salsa to guacamole will work perfectly.
- 1 sweet potato, cut into fries-like cuts
- Smoked paprika
- Chili flakes
- Olive oil or coconut fat
- 2 tbs Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs sour cream /cream fraiche
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt, pepper
- Freshly picked chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C on ventilation.
- Cut the sweet potato in fries-like chunks, arrange on a large tray, so they’re not touching each other – this will give them the perfect crunch.
- Sprinkle with spices and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn them around a bit and continue baking for another 15 min – they need to look almost a bit burnt on the edges so they’ll have that crunchy texture, don’t worry they’ll not taste burnt.
- Meanwhile prepare the dipping sauce – simply put all the ingredients together and mix well. Put in the fridge until the crunchy potatoes are ready.