My latest breakfast obsession (after long periods of smoothies and overnight oats) is chia pudding. It’s refreshing, delicious and really good for you – full of healthy fats and superfoods that will benefit you on every level, and it’s even gluten-free, for all of those who can’t tolerate it. I love that I can make it the night before and what’s even better, I can easily put it in a jar so I can carry it with me and have it at work ( sparing those valuable morning minutes). As with all the cereal/porridge combinations, chia pudding is great for experimenting and being creative as pretty much every thing you like will work great on top. This is my current favorite and what’s more, as frozen raspberries work so well in it, all the ingredients are available all year round.
- 1,5 tbs chia seeds
- 100ml rice milk (oat, almond… work great as well)
- 2 heaped tbs greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs dried cranberries
- 100g frozen raspberries
- Half of banana, cut into slices
- Handful of coconut chips
- Chopped walnuts, cashews, almonds…
- Sprinkle of cocoa nibs
- Drizlle of honey
- In the evening put chia seeds, your milk of choice and cranberries into a bowl and mix well. Wait for 10 minutes and add the yoghurt. Let it rest in the fridge until the next morning.
- Put the raspberries on a plate and put it in the fridge overnight as well. This way they will thaw slowly and keep pretty much all of their juice inside.
- In the morning, put the raspberries over the chia pudding. Add banana and sprinkle with all the toppings. At the end, drizlle with some honey and enjoy.
*Note: If you plan to take the pudding to go, make it in a tupperware or in a mason jar. Do the first step and than just add the raspberries and the rest on top, put the lid on and in the morning you just take it out and put it in your bag. (Banana is the only thing I leave out in this case
3 Comments Add yours
This looks amazing. I love trying new recipes. I will definitely try this recipe out and plus it’s a great thing that it’s gluten free. Thank you for sharing.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks so much, I hope you’ll like it when you try it:)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m going to go upstairs and try this right now! I have a nice walnut party salad to share, but there is a fair amount of prep – OK for a party where you only take one dish…