A great breakfast on the go if you make it a smoothie, or a super pretty a bit more filling one if you make it as a bowl. Not too sweet either and packed with fibre, omega-3, protein, vitamins and minerals. And the color is just so pretty. It’s works great if you make it the night before and keep in the fridge.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- handfull of frozen blueberries/mixed berries
- splash of coconut milk
- splash of water or a couple of ice cubes
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 spoon of soaked chia seeds
- 1 spoon of hemp seeds
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1tbs coconut chips
- *Optional – I added some collagen protein powder to this one, which can be substituted with any other neutral tasting protein powder
- Put all the ingredients except for the coconut chips (if you prefer some crispy bits in your smoothie that is, otherwise put them in straight away too) and blend until smooth (different blenders, different times).
- Have it as a smoothie or pour in a bowl and top with toppings of your choosing. I put nuts, coconut, seeds, cocoa nibs and pomegranate on mine, but you can go with whatever you like.