I love avocado and all the ways you can use it, but be it guacamole, baked or in a salad, nothing can top this easy spread. A friend visiting from australia showed me this amazing combination and it has been a little obsession for almost a year now. What’s perfect is it can be a breakfast, a lunch, a dinner or a snack in between, it’s super easy to make and so nutritious. You can have the spread on some bread on its own but I love to add a bit of crispy bacon or smoked salmon to it. You can of course use regular bread, but in my opinion there is nothing quite like toasted sourdough.
Hope you like it!
- ½ avocado
- 1 cm thick slice of feta cheese
- ½ lemon
- Salt, pepper, chilli flakes
- 2 slices of sourdough (or regular bread)
- Bacon / smoked salmon
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Smoked paprika
- Fresh chives
- For the spread simply put avocado and crumbled feta in a bowl, smash it with a fork and season with lemon juice, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Put the bread in a toaster or grill it a bit in a pan.
- If using bacon, cut it into smaller pieces and cook it on a non-sticking pan until crispy.
- Put the spread generously on your bread, cover with salmon/bacon and add some chopped tomatoes if you like.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and season with some smoked paprika, and/or fresh chives.
- For me, after finishing it, I just need to have a little piece of toasted bread with butter (khmmm obsessed) as a dessert, but I’ll leave this one to you 😉