Realising there’s no way of winning there, I’ve stopped fighting my evening sweet-tooth cravings a while ago but I do still like to keep those after-dinner treats on the healthier side, without crazy amounts of sugar, especially with these snacking-prone times we find ourselves in (aka lock-downs and such). The Peanut Slice and the super easy vegan dark chocolate have been a staple in my fridge/freezer for a while now and although I can never get bored of them I wanted to try something new. As macadamias are one of my favourite nuts, I decided to make a bit of a more white-chocolatey spin on the peanut slice, resulting in a fudge-like, super creamy texture. What is really great is that only a handful of ingredients and 5 minutes of your time (plus 20 for chilling) are needed and even without any cooking skills, if you know how to use a microwave and mix some things together in a bowl, you should be alright.
- 60 g cacao butter
- 10 g coconut butter
- 10 ml maple syrup
- 220 g macadamia butter
- pinch of salt
- Chopped coconut, cashews, dried rose petals, ground cardamom, sea salt flakes, cacao nibs
- Simply melt the cacao butter and coconut butter either using a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Once the butters have melted, add the salt, maple syrup and macadamia butter. You can add a pinch of cardamom at this stage as well, if using. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking paper covered plastic container or tray, for these amounts of ingredients, approx 20cm x 10cm size will work best.
- Sprinkle with toppings if using them and place in the freezer for 20 min. Cut into pieces of your liking and store in an air-tight container in the freezer. Due to the high fat-percentage of the macadamia nuts, these will be soft enough to eat straight from the freezer.
One Comment Add yours
Jeeessss ,my darling