For a perfect breakfast, brunch, dinner or anything in between… Such a simple pancake recipe that gives you sooo many options with all the possible topings, if you want, you can even make them savory. As it is that raspberry time of year, I made them with freshly picked raspberries, slivered almonds and a bit of honey, so really a perfect balance of sweet, sour and crunchy.
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 3 eggs (separated yolks and whites)
- 120 ml milk of choice (regular or plant milk)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Vanilla seeds or essence
- Butter, coconut fat, ghee… (for baking)
Toppings (optional, choose whatever you like) :
- Maple syrup
- Fresh berries, fruits,..
- Nuts, coconut…
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until firm. Set aside.
- Combine the flours, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk the yolks with sugar, slowly add the flour mixture spoon by spoon and milk.
- When all is incorporated add the whites and slowly mix by hand and the batter is light and airy.
- Grease a thick non-sticking pan with a piece of butter, coconut fat or ghee, heat well and add a small ladle of batter. Depending on your pan size, you may bake up to three pancakes at the same time.
- Lower the heat and wait until little bubbles start to appear on the top side (approx. 2 min). At this point you can turn the pancake around. It will take around 1-2 minutes on the other side as well.
- Transfer to a plate and try not to finish them before you’ve baked them all. 😉
- Top with your choice of toppings (the more the better) and enjoy!
One Comment Add yours
These are definitely fluffy!! Looks delicious.