So easy to make, this salad is the perfect combination of sweet, salty and sour. I prefer to have it for lunch by itself, as it is packed with flavor and nutrients with some toasted bread (&butter of course) on the side, but it goes really great with red meat dishes, risottos or some rich cheesy pasta dishes as well (although I suggest to drop the granola if it’s just a side meal).
This quantity makes 2 servings.
- chop board
- 2 salad bowls, plates
- non-sticking pan
- a small bowl to mix the dressing
- One package of young salad leaves
- A handful of cranberries
- A handful of walnuts
- One pear – peeled and cut into small pieces
- 100 g semi-matured goat’s cheese
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Big tablespoon of honey
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt, pepper
GRANOLA (optional topping)
- 3 tbs rolled oats
- 1 tbs ground nuts
- 1 tsp honey
- knob of butter /2 tsp coconut oil
- sunflower seeds
- Arrange everything from the salad column, except the cheese, into two plates/bowls.
- To make the dressing, simply add it all together, mix well and season to taste.
- To make granola, in a non sticking melt together butter and honey. Add the rest of the ingredients and constantly move around the pan so the butter and honey get all round the dry stuff.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix a bit.
- Grate the cheese over the salad and top with a few spoons of granola and enjoy!:)